Mobility Equipment Hire Direct - Booking Conditions
1. Definitions used in this agreement
- The Hirer : the person, firm, company or other organisation hiring equipment as stipulated on the MEHD booking confirmation, in hard or soft copy format, or such other similar document.
- The User: Any person authorised to use equipment by the Hirer.
- MEHD: Mobility Equipment Hire Direct Ltd acting Agent for The Supplier.
- The Supplier: The Supplier authorizes MEHD to act on his behalf and is the legal owner of the equipment.
"Contract" MEHD Booking Confirmation hard or soft copy format, or such other similar document which incorporates these conditions and made between the Hirer and MEHD for the hire of Hire Goods;
"Hire Goods" Any equipment together with any accessories specified in a Contract which are hired to the Hirer;
"Rental Period" As defined by Section 2
2. Rental Period
- If Hire Goods are going to a hotel or rented property, The Hirer must specify date and time of arrival and departure at time of booking. The Supplier will try deliver the Hire Goods either before or very shortly after arrival time specified in Contract. Please note, as an agent MEHD cannot guarantee delivery times. Arrival and departure times are taken as a guide for the driver only. The Supplier will collect the Hire Goods after the departure time specified. The Rental Period is defined by the delivery and collection times of the Supplier. Hire Goods delivered to private properties are delivered between 9am and 6pm. Arrival and Departure times do not apply.
- Hire Goods must be made available for collection at the original delivery address, unless MEHD has notified The Supplier of a change of address, which The Supplier has agreed in writing.
- The User is responsible for the Hire Goods left in accommodation on their departure and should ensure that Hire Goods are left in a safe place. Please refer to User's Responsibilities in Section 5. If The Hirer does not wish to take responsibility for leaving Hire Goods with the accommodation for collection/arrival, they should specify arrival and departure times that allows the User to take delivery/collection directly to/from the Supplier. Please note, The Supplier cannot specify an exact time for delivery/collection.
- If The Hirer wishes to extend the Rental Period notice must be given to allow MEHD to check availability of the product for a longer period. Availability cannot be assumed and is not guaranteed.
- The User must return the Hire Goods on time at the conclusion of this Rental Period unless an extension has been agreed and paid for in advance.
3. Basis of Contract
- If for some reason a product is not available from The Supplier, The User will be contacted within 48 hours (Mon-Fri 9am-5am UK time). The User will be offered either a full refund or an alternative supplier may be suggested. An alternative supplier may incur extra charges. If equipment is booked well in advance the chance of an item not being available is extremely unlikely. We advise our clients to book as early as possible especially at peak times such as the Xmas, Easter, and school holidays. Please note, Credit/Debit Card processing is done by a 3rd party. MEHD do not hold any credit card information. Any extra charges will have to be processed separately.
- The User shall inspect each item of Hire Goods delivered pursuant to the Contract. The User shall immediately notify The Supplier (Suppler Contact Number in email confirmation) of any faults. If the Hire Goods are deemed faulty by The Supplier, MEHD must be notified (Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm) to obtain a refund. If the User fails to provide such notice within 1 working day after the delivery of the equipment, the Hirer will be conclusively presumed to have accepted the equipment as specified in the Contract. Any subsequent claim that the equipment was not provided in fully functional order will not be considered.
- Bookings are accepted subject to availability. MEHD will not be liable for any loss or liability suffered by the Hirer as a result of the Hire Goods being unavailable.
- In the event of equipment damage or breakdown, our best endeavours will be made to repair or replace. MEHD accept no liability for consequential loss.
4. Cancellation by HirerHirer shall have the right to terminate this agreement at any time. Cancellation must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to 84 Berkeley Street, Charing Cross, Glasgow, G7 3DS
- All accepted orders have a £15 administration charge if cancelled within 7 days of booking. (No charge if MEHD cancel order due to unavailability)
- Cancellation more than 30 days before date of travel, Cancellation Fee is 50%. Refund 50%.
- Cancellation between 8 and 30 days before date of travel, Cancellation Fee is 75% Refund 25%.
- Cancellation less than 7 days before the date of travel, Cancellation Fee is 100%. Refund 0%.
5. Users responsibilities
- Users will look after the Hire Goods (and any keys, charging equipment, and User Manual).
- Users must always lock the Hire Goods if applicable when not using it.
- Users will protect the Hire Goods against wet weather which may cause damage.
- Users will not load the Hire Goods beyond the manufacturers maximum weight recommendations.
- Users will not use the Hire Goods or allow it to be used on unsuitable terrain or gradients.
- Users will not remove any labels from and/or interfere with the Hire Goods, their working mechanisms or any other parts of them.
- Users will not sell, rent or dispose of the Hire Goods or any of its parts.
- Users will not allow unauthorised persons to use the Hire Goods.
- Users must let MEHD know as soon as becoming aware of any defect(s) in the product
- Users will not use the Hire Goods whilst under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medication likely to affect ability to operate the equipment safely.
- Users will use, store, and charge the Hire Goods in line with advice given, and the advice contained within the Equipment Care Guide and manufacturers User Manual.
- MEHD is not responsible for loss or damage to property left in or on the product.
- The User must not repair or attempt to repair the Hire Goods unless authorised to do so in writing by MEHD.
- The User is responsible for using the Hire Goods with caution as is required and appropriate for the purpose of the Hire Goods.
- The User is responsible for the Hire Goods left in accommodation on their departure and should ensure that Hire Goods are left in a safe place.
- The User is expected to have some previous knowledge/experience in the operation of the equipment which they hire.
- It is The Users responsibility to ensure the Delivery Address (for example Hotel/Apartment/Villa) accept Mobility Equipment on their premises.
- For UK orders delivered by courier in a box it is The Users responsibility to ensure the Hire Goods are repacked into the box they came in and to the same standard that the User received the Hire Goods and also to ensure that the correct return labels are on the box so that the Hire Goods can be returned correctly.
6. MEHD responsibilitiesMEHD can only be accountable for any maintenance problems if notified by The Hirer. Continued use by The Hirer once notification has been made will be the total responsibility of The Hirer. The Hirer accepts all liability in this instance.
7. Conditions for using the productHirer or any authorised user must not:
- Use the product for hire or reward, unless agreed at time of booking.
- Use the product for any illegal purpose.
- Use the product for a purpose for which it was not designed
- Use the product following notifications of a defect with the product requiring a service call, until such times as MEHD visit and effect repairs.
8. Loss or Damage to the Hire Goods and Indemnity Insurance
- The User accepts all risks of loss or damage to the equipment from any cause, and agrees to return it to the Supplier in the condition received from the Supplier, with the exception of normal wear and tear. The Supplier or their appointed agent will determine normal wear and tear. All determinations made by the Supplier are final.
- If the equipment is damaged, The Supplier shall have the option of requiring The User to repair the equipment to a state of good working order, or replace the equipment with like equipment in good repair, which equipment shall become the property of the Supplier.
- If the Hire Goods are lost or stolen, the User shall be liable to pay The Supplier for the cost to replace the Hire Products as agreed by The Supplier.
- If the Hire Goods are returned unfit for rehire subject to clause 8.1, 8.2 or 8.3, The User shall pay, as a genuine pre-estimate of lost rental profit, a sum as liquidated damages being equal to two thirds of the rental that would have applied for such Hire Goods for the period until such repairs have been completed. The Supplier shall use its reasonable commercial endeavours to purchase replacements for such Hire Goods as quickly as possible.
9. Public Liability Insurance
- MEHD do not accept liability for accidents or damage caused by misuse of the Hire Goods resulting from non-compliance with User Responsibilities of the User's Terms and Conditions.
- MEHD hold Public Liability insurance for all Hire Goods delivered within the UK.
- Outside of the UK, public liablity insurance is the responsibility of the The Supplier.
10. Product DescriptionMobility Equipment Hire Direct partners with leading suppliers of mobility equipment hire companies throughout the world. Our product descriptions/images are accurate at time of publication. We do our absolute best to ensure that the product you receive matches the description/image on the website. Occasionally delivered products vary and the product description may vary from that on the website.
11. CurrencyProducts are priced in UK Pounds. Prices shown in other currencies are approximate based on latest available conversion rates. The price paid through Realex and Paypal may vary slightly as MEHD do not have any control over the live conversion rates or the fees of your financial institution.
12. Travel InsuranceIf The Hirer is hiring equipment abroad (not in your country of residence) we recommend taking out travel insurance. This will protect The Hirer if they have to cancel equipment or if their trip is cancelled.
13. Data ProtectionAll information regarding our clients will be used and stored in accordance with current Data Protection laws. Mobility Equipment Hire Direct will not give clients personal details to third parties, or use client details for marketing, advertising or publicity purposes without consent.
14. ComplaintsAll queries or complaints should be made by sending an email to email@example.com or in writing to 84 Berkeley Street, Charing Cross, Glasgow, G7 3DS. The complaint will be investigated. Further information may be required from clients to enable the decision making process. A decision will be communicated within 10 working days, or as soon as is reasonably possible.
15. Data ProtectionMEHD will maintain the personal information on the Contract as part of MEHD records to assist it to maintain and improve its administration and management.
16. LiabilityThe Hirer will indemnify MEHD against any liability or breach of these conditions by the user
17. Legal DisputesAny dispute arising out of or in connection with this contract, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the Rules of the LCIA (London Court of International Arbitration, 70 Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1EU, United Kingdom), which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause.
- The number of arbitrators shall be one.
- The seat, or legal place, of arbitration shall be Scotland.
- The language to be used in the arbitration shall be English.
- The governing law of the contract shall be the substantive law of Scotland
18. Credit Card Information
- We do not share customer details with any 3rd parties. All Credit/Debit Card processing is done by a 3rd party. Mobility Equipment Hire Direct do not receive or process any credit card information. You can choose to pay with our payment gateway Realex, or to pay with Paypal.
- Payment gateways such as RealEx protect credit card details by encrypting sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, to ensure that information is passed securely between the customer and the merchant and also between merchant and the payment processor. Please note, your card details are stored securely by Realex to allow for quicker payment the next time you log in also allowing us to extend your hire period easily if required.
- Once you have signed up to PayPAL with an email address and password you can use the same log in details to shop at any website that accepts PayPal. PayPal's secure payment platform saves your preferred online card payment details and is a safe, easy way to pay online.